Student Success in Developmental Courses
|University of Maine at Augusta ©|
Example: In 2008-09, 60% of developmental Reading (REA 008) students successfully completed the course and in 2011-12, 80% were successful in completing the course.
On average, over the last four (4) years students successfully completed the following developmental courses:
- 61% - Reading (REA 008)
- 66% - Writing Improvement (ENG 010)
- 55% - Basic Writing (ENG 005)
- 53% - Foundations of Mathematics (MAT 009)
- 53% - Algebra I, Part I (MAT 020)
- 45% - Algebra I, Part II (MAT 021)
- 50% - Algebra I (MAT 030)
These courses are intended to prepare and evaluate student readiness for college-level courses. While these courses do not count toward degree requirements, they are great refresher courses to help improve student reading, math and writing skills when students do take regular college courses.